Thursday, December 26, 2013

CHRISTMAS RECOVERY

Bit by bit we emerge from the maelstrom that was Christmas. Abby and I sit in the dark office, watching our fifth or sixth episode of The 4400. I am almost done with my 1 1/2'X 5' lifeline artwork, made with strips of college posters. Daddy is upstairs sleeping on my gift to him, a heated mattress pad which is pretty exciting in this cold. We just finished a crazy Sorry game - I won by a hair, then Dad, then Sam, with Abby a grouchy last (she got sent home a lot). Rachael is upstairs monitoring two cats who just discovered the extended paper-bag game. Everyone has been exhausted all day, worn out from the frenzy of socializing, extra-heavy meals, cocktails and too much activity in too little time. Another late night (how did it get to be almost 12:00 again??).

No comments:

Post a Comment